HUMANITY IS AT A CROSSROADS!
The Suffering of Defenseless and Innocent Civilians in Gaza
The Holy Land Christian Ecumenical Foundation Board of Directors, Staff, and Volunteers beseech all who will listen to take a stand against the needless death and suffering of defenseless and innocent civilians in Gaza. The situation is becoming unbearable with over 500 individuals killed, 3,008 Palestinians injured, and over 100,000 Palestinians internally displaced, 84,000 of which are being hosted at 61 UNRWA schools.
[i] This humanitarian crisis must be resolved. It is unacceptable that innocent men, women and children must be made to suffer for the sake of implementing a political agenda.
Resolution of this conflict will not be obtained through aggression and violence against innocents. We pray, call upon and implore for:
1. THE ISRAELI MILITARY AND HAMAS to implement and uphold an IMMEDIATE, mutual ceasefire to save precious lives.
2. RELIGIOUS AND SECULAR LEADERS to utilize their influence to transform the hearts and minds of people to support diplomacy and peace.
3. THE INTERNATIONAL COMMUNITY to apply its full weight to impress upon those using military force and weapons to engage in peaceful and fair dialogue.
4. THE PEOPLE OF FAITH to actually put their faith into action to end this needless suffering in any way they can—whether it be through prayer, advocacy, giving their time OR sending a message of hope to the people of Gaza who are in their darkest hour.
5. Donate Generously HELP Save Gaza’s traumatized families by clicking here. All proceeds collected by the Archbishop Atallah Hanna Charity Fund will be dispensed through the Catholic Near East Welfare Association (CNEWA)/ Pontifical Mission, Jerusalem.
We cannot leave the people of the Holy Land, especially those living in Gaza, alone during this time of dire crisis. There is an URGENT need for your prayers and support. PLEASE write to your public officials and the media! Urge them to act now and resolve this dire man-made situation.
CRISIS IN GAZA – July 8th – 17th
• 1.8 Million Affected People in Gaza Strip
• 33,500 displaced
• 22,900 taking shelter in UNRWA schools
• 28% essential medicines out of stock
• Up to 50% reduction in water for households
• 50% of sewage facilities no longer operating
• 84 schools damage
• 1,780 housing units destroyed or severely damaged
• 6 health facilities damaged
• 1,764 injured (521 children/372 women)
Source: UN OCHA Financial Tracking System Situation Report https://ochaopt.org
Ways You Can Help END the Crisis in Gaza
1.) Contact your Congressmen and Representatives:
United States Capital Switchboard: 202-224-3121
2.) Leave a message of hope on one of HCEF Facebook Pages:
3.) Monetary Donations:
Click here for the Archbishop Atallah Hanna Charity Fund, all proceeds collected will be dispensed through Catholic Near East Welfare Association (CNEWA)/ Pontifical Mission, Jerusalem. Please donate generously.
God Bless you and please,
Let us work together to replace despair with HOPE, fear with HUMAN SECURITY and humiliation with DIGNITY
God Bless our brothers and sisters in the Holy Land!