Internship Dates: Open immediately for a minimum of 2 months
The Strategic Internship position for Communications & Outreach is an important role. The intern will make a meaningful contribution, specifically by increasing and improving publicity for the Holy Land Christian Ecumenical Foundation (HCEF), as well as strengthening strategic partnerships. He or she will be a full team member, report directly to HCEF’s Regional Director, and work closely with office staff in Bethlehem, Palestine, in addition to liaising with HCEF staff in Bethesda, Maryland. Office hours are from 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday. Additional hours will be required for special activities and events
HCEF will provide the intern with a unique opportunity to strengthen the his or her knowledge of the Holy Land Christians, Palestinian economic environment, political landscape, social structures and conditions, as well as the Palestinian identity, culture, history and traditions. The intern will participate in HCEF activities and events, which may include guided tours of historical and cultural sites, and enjoy personal insights on the Palestinian experience from locals and experts. HCEF will also provide the intern with accommodations throughout the internship, some meals, and transportation to all relevant HCEF events and activities, to take place in the Holy Land.
Eligible Candidates must:
1.) Speak English as their native language
2.) Have some experience in written communications for promotion, marketing or advocacy
3.) Have experience in research
4.) Have a strong familiarity with the culture of the United States
5.) Have a strong interest in Palestinian culture
6.) Share a dedication to HCEF’s mission in the Holy Land
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated the essential abilities to:
- learn new concepts and skills quickly
- balance various different assignments while meeting strict deadlines
- think creatively and present ideas and proposals clearly and effectively
- communicate effectively as part of an international team
- compose compelling written communications
- conduct thorough research and accurately document information sources
- Proficiently operate all elements of MS Office, as well as social media, including facebook, twitter, youtube etc.
Chief responsibilities: *
- Edit, revise and draft brochures for all HCEF programs
- Attend and photograph events and programs organized by HCEF, and other events as requested
- Write timely press releases for HCEF events and programs
- Optimize social media outreach on facebook, twitter, youtube etc.
- Conduct interviews as needed with HCEF event attendees, program participants and beneficiaries, etc.
- Assist in designing volunteer programs in the Holy Land for Americans and other supporters of the Holy Land Christians
- Devise and implement outreach strategies for designated groups in the US, including but not limited to seminarians, Presbyterian churches, university students.
- Conduct research and data analysis (may include social, religious, economic, historical topics, as well as market research) and write reports, as directed
- Assist in event and program coordination as needed.
*This internship description is broad and comprehensive. It can be further tailored to suit the intern’s skills, experience and interests, as well as the events and activities taking place during the internship. The intern will be asked to volunteer occasionally with HCEF’s Bethesda offices after the intern’s return from the Holy Land, putting the intern’s skills and experience to use on specific projects and events in the U.S., such as HCEF’s annual international conference.