ABOUD – In March 2019, the Latin Patriarchate school of Aboud rehabilitated a room for educational purposes of its pupils and parishioners.
Aboud is a village in the West Bank about twenty kilometers northwest of Ramallah. The town is home to many traces of Roman Era settlements as well as Byzantine or crossed churches. In 1910, a school with two classes, a small prayer room and a convent were built by the Latin Patriarchate. The latter is now composed of nine classrooms, a pre-school and a kindergarten.
The project aimed to provide children, youth, Church communities and the faithful in Aboud village with a safe and welcoming environment to conduct all their activities, gatherings, meetings, Christian educational lectures and workshops. Teachers and staff of the Latin Patriarchate school of Aboud will be able now to use this adequate space and well-equipped room to conduct different educational activities including catechism lessons and workshops that will help the school students and parish youth to enrich their Christian lives.
With the generous contribution of the Equestrian Order of the Holy Sepulchre and members of the Eastern Spain Lieutenancy, the Christian Education room was rehabilitated and equipped with, among other things, three air conditioners, a projector and a screen in order to be used for educational purposes, learning, meetings and accommodating different groups.