In light of the rising number of people infected with Coronavirus, and in order to contribute to curtailing the spread of the pandemic, we decided on September 14, 2020 to suspend prayers and Holy Masses in all churches of the Kingdom for a period of 14 days effective Thursday, September 14, 2020.
According to the directives issued by Prime Minister Dr. Omar Razzaz No. 10/13/1/9486 dated May 5, 2020, and the statement issued by Minister of Information Amjad Al-Adaileh on September 14, 2020, which state that “the president of the Council of the Heads of Churches in Jordan would undertake precautionary measures to be followed by all Churches at this time”, we allow the priests in all Churches in the Kingdom to perform the sacraments of marriage and baptism in accordance with the dates set earlier according to the following conditions:
1. The sacraments of marriage or baptism may be carried out in the church.
2. The number of attendees should not exceed 20 persons.
3. Commitment to wearing face masks, abstaining from shaking hands and kissing, as well as maintaining social distancing.
4. Scouts or musical groups should not be present outside the church.
5. Refraining from gatherings outside the Church and in nearby squares after offering the sacraments of marriage or baptism.
Your cooperation and commitment to abstaining from holding parties and gatherings after performing the sacraments of marriage and baptism is highly appreciated, as this is intended to keep you safe. We implore the Lord to end this pandemic as well as to protect or families.
By: Munir Bayouk