Dr Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, the head of the World Health Organisation, has said health workers were having to operate in unimaginable conditions and called for a stop to the fighting.
Meanwhile, Israel has ordered civilians to leave the center of Khan Younis, the main city in southern Gaza. The head of the Israeli army reportedly called for his troops to press harder to defeat Hamas.
Amid all this, the United Nations has warned that half of Gazans are starving and most people there cannot eat every day, as a result of the ongoing Israeli onslaught.
On Saturday, the Palestinian President Mahmood Abbas accused the United States of being complicit in war crimes after it vetoed a UN resolution calling for an immediate ceasefire in Gaza.
UN chief António Guterres said he regretted the Security Council’s failure to demand a ceasefire – saying the organization had been paralyzed.
This crisis began back in October when Hamas attacked Israel killing 1,200 people and taking 240 hostages, including many women and children.
Hamas says since then, Israel has killed more than 17,000 people in its retaliatory campaign.
By Nathan Morley | Vaticannews