10 Reasons to Support the
Holy Land Christian Ecumenical Foundation
- HCEF is ecumenical. The organization works with Christians of all denominations in the West in support of Christians of all denominations in the Holy Land. We seek to focus on that which unites us in Christ in order to most effectively support Holy Land Christians.
- We work on a grassroots level. HCEF has committees established in cities throughout the West to support the work of HCEF on a local grassroots level, where positive change can best be affected. We invite everyone – clergy, churches, organizations, families, and individuals – to work with us through our Holy Land Christian Support Network (HCSN).
- We foster personal relationships. We facilitate contact between Western Christians and Christians in the Holy Land in seeking to improve person-to-person, family-to-family, school-to-school, and church-to-church relationships in Christ.
- We focus on the Holy Land. We do not develop programs and projects in other parts of the world. We work strictly in the Holy Land. This enables us to be particularly familiar with the needs of its people and to develop programs designed to best meet those needs.
- We focus on Christians. In all our work, HCEF addresses the needs of Christians in the Holy Land specifically. We exclusively target Christians in our programs but, in ameliorating their living conditions, our work often thereby benefits people of other faith traditions in their communities as well. We thus maintain relations with those of other faith traditions in the Holy Land.
- We are a charitable nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization. HCEF dispenses all programmatic funds directly to the Christians of the Holy Land. We seek to replace despair with hope, fear with security, and humiliation with human dignity.
- We focus on developing relations between Christians, believing that financial support will follow. We seek to foster common understanding, solidarity, and a stronger faith on the part of Christians in the West and in the Holy Land.
- We advocate for peace. HCEF seeks to remain focused on the religious, not political, dimensions of the situation in the Holy Land. It does, however, advocate for peace by promoting equity, human dignity, and human rights in the region.
- We educate the Christian public about their Christian roots. Many Christians in the West are not aware that there is an Arab Christian presence in the Holy Land to which they can trace their roots. We work to increase awareness about how we can connect with the living stones in the Holy Land, the descendents of the first Christians, through whom we can discover the very origin of our faith.
- We focus on building long-term relationships. HCEF has developed projects and programs through which Christians in the West can build long-term relationships with Christians in the Holy Land. We work on establishing committed personal, family, church, and school relations rather than distributing funds that provide short-term relief.