Royal Institute for Inter-Faith Studies in the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan (RIIFS)
The Royal Institute for Inter-Faith Studies (RIIFS) was established in 1994 in Amman, Jordan, under the patronage of His Royal Highness Prince El Hassan bin Talal. RIIFS is a non-profit, non-governmental organization that provides a venue for the interdisciplinary study of intercultural and interreligious issues with the aim of defusing tensions and promoting peace, regionally and globally.
We live in a troubled world that is in need of deeper mutual understanding between diverse religions and cultures. RIIFS focuses on promoting common human and ethical values that contribute to strengthening cooperation and interfaith relations, eliminating mutual misconceptions about the ‘other’ and ultimately expanding these shared commonalities in the hope of promoting peaceful coexistence.
- To build sustained, engaged communities and regional and international partnerships among specialists including professionals and religious leaders.
- To foster socially resilient and anti-radicalized environments.
- To foster interreligious and intercultural dialogue as an effective tool for countering intolerance, extremism and radicalism and for forging a culture of mutual respect and understanding.
- To encourage regional networking on religious and cultural issues through effective communications and interaction within academic and religious environments.
Achieving RIIFS Mission
The following activities lead to achieving our principal mission of fostering dialogue and developing a well-informed network of influence in the region:
- Organizing foundational seminars, primarily in Jordan.
- Establishing partnerships with institutes and religious organizations such as Al-Azhar Al-Sharif (Egypt), Adyan Foundation (Lebanon), Mohammadia Association of scholars (Morocco), Danmission of Denmark, the ministry of Awqaf and religious Affairs (Barhain), and The Pontifical Council for Inter-religious Dialogue (Vatican). Also, RIIFS heads the Jordanian Network of Anna Lindh Foundation.
- Reaching a larger audience of thinkers and academics and adding depth via a strong programme of local, regional and international engagement activities.
- Sustaining interest and promoting growth through outreach activities to different communities including:
- Islamic clergy and faith leaders (Imams preachers, and women preachers)
- School communities (teachers and pupils)
- University communities (students and lecturers)
- Wider grassroots communities (members and leaders)
- Writers and Journalists
The Royal Institute for Inter-Faith Studies
Amman, Jubaiha, Near Al-Manhal Schools
Imran bin Hattan Street, Building #1
Phone: +962 6 5164141
Fax: +962 6 5164242