I invite you to take advantage of an exceptional opportunity: attending our 16th International Conference. Meet our friends from Palestine such as Hanan Ashrawi, Hashim Shawa, Bishop Atallah Hanna, Claudette Habesch and many other outstanding speakers. Come partake in the dialogue, learn about the topics at hand, and network with speakers, award recipients and conference attendees alike. I urge you to register this weekend and share this post with your friends and family!
This weekend will be your last opportunity to register for the conference at the discounted price. Do not let this great opportunity pass you by and register today! We still have several scholarships available for students and clergy, do not forget to submit your application.
I encourage you to:
1. Register for this informative and stimulating conference today!
2. Invite your friends, family and anyone you think might be interested.
3. If you cannot attend but wish to support the Christians of the Holy Land, you can make a donation here.
Here are some highlights of the General Assembly:
- Keynote Address – "Framing the Current Issues in Palestine" delivered by Her Excellency Dr. Hanan Ashrawi, Member of the Executive Committee of the Palestinian Liberation Organization; recipient of the 2014 HCEF Path of Peace Award.
- Challenges Facing the Palestinian Christians – His Excellency Theodosios Atallah Hanna, Archbishop of Sebastia the Greek Orthodox Patriarchate of Jerusalem; Fr. Michael McDonagh, International Advisor to the Latin Patriarch of Jerusalem; moderated by Fr. Jacek Orzechowski, OFM, Chair of the JPIC Directorate of Holy Name Province, Silver Spring, MD.
- Arab & Middle Easter Christians Under Fire – Fr. Drew Christiansen, Distinguished Professor of Ethics & Human Development, Georgetown University, Co-Founder of HCEF, HCEF Board of Directors; S.J.; Yvonne Haddad, Ph.D., Professor of the History of Islam and Christian-Muslim Relations at the Center of Muslim-Christian Understanding, Georgetown University; Mark K. Wasef, Esq. Sedgwick LLP attorney, Board Member of the Egyptian American Community Foundation, Member of the Coptic Lawyers Association; moderated by Dr. Hanna Hanania, Member of the HCEF Board of Directors.
- Engaging the Palestinian Diaspora in Nation-Building – Mr. Hashim Shawa, Chairman of the Board & General Manager, Bank of Palestine, recipient of the 2014 HCEF Corporate Social Responsibility Award; Mr. Farouk Shami, Inventor & Founder of Farouk Systems; recipient of the 2014 HCEF Diaspora Award; Mr. Rafiq Masri, Technology Entrepreneur and Founder of Network Management Inc.; moderated by Sir Rateb Rabie, KCHS, President/CEO of HCEF.
- Empowering Women in Palestinian Society – Noura Erakat, Esq.Human Rights Attorney and Activist, Adjunct Professor at Georgetown University; Dr. Najat Arafat Khelil, President of the Arab Women's Council; Ms. Bethany Saad, Program Coordinator at John Snow, Inc (JSI); moderated by Mrs. Claudette Habesch, Member, HCEF Advisory Board; Former Secretary General of CARITAS Jerusalem.
- Giving Palestinian-Israeli Peace a Chance – Mr. Samer Makhlouf, Executive Director, One Voice Palestine; Mr. Khaled Elgindy, Fellow in the Center for Middle East Policy at the Brookings Institution; Mr. Seth Morrison, Congressional OutreachCommittee of Jewish Voice for Peace (JVP); moderated by Mr. Ray Hanania, President/CEO of Urban Strategies Group, award winning Palestinian American columnist, author and stand-up comedian.
I look forward to welcoming you on Friday and Saturday, October 17-18. Thank you for your support!
Rateb Y. Rabie, KCHS
The Awards Banquet and the International Conference will be held at the
Washington Marriott Georgetown
1221 22nd Street, NW
Washington, DC. 20037
To learn more about
HCEF's 16th International Conference & Awards Banquet,
click one of these helpful links below: